Monday, April 1, 2013

Final Round 16:DOA5

Hey what's up. J.D.E. here. I am doing my blog here on blogger because not a lot of people have tumblr. I am here to tell you about the personal experience I had at Final Round 16 (FR16). My mind set that I had going into FR16 was to show to support, mingle with my friends that I don't see everyday, win at least 1 tournament match to see where I was, get some offline casuals, familiarize myself with more of the community, & enjoy my stay to be honest. Another honest fact (word to HajinShinobi, AP, Shade Swifteye, & Tenryuga) was that I came into FR16 not knowing which of the 2 characters I play would be my consistent character starter throughout DOA5.

I stayed over Blizkreg's house over the weekend & meet my homies, Master, Immerwolf, Sweet Revenge, E-Mann, & JFK Dallaz. They were all some chill guys. All of them are cool as fuck. Lopedo & CXThomas also came over for some casuals before we all took off over to the venue to do more casuals & chill with more people. I got to get some casuals in with AneManic, a very good Rig player & very chill. Also got to chill with B Boy Dragon, yet another Kasumi player. I also got to finally meet some friends up north, Chosen1, Rabies IP, CyberEvil, Something-Unique,  XCaliburBlades, Rikuto Blackula (from Virginia), Perfect Legend, Sorwah (the Bass look-alike), Rhythmik (GA) & this 1 caught me by surprise, but I got introduced to Tom Lee as well. Then, I ran into my dog, Allan Paris before I went back to Blizkreg's to get some sleep before the "real" fun began.  The next day, the tournament began. Before my pool started, I got to talk to Shin Ryujin my homie Shade Swifteye & Silent Legend before it was my turn to play & also did some casuals with E-Mann & BlackWhiteboi. Soon, my pool began.

Characters played: Kasumi, Ayane

My 1st match was against Yoyo to start my 1st tournament major. I played Kasumi while he played Lei Fang. I didn't know what to expect from him when I 1st played him because it was my 1st time playing him. I was a little bit rattled but I put in my music to keep me calm & composed. After the 1st round, I was settled in & got my rhythm & adapted to him well. I ultimately won the match 2-0 advancing to play Lopedo. He was developing his game more with Lei Fang. Once he spends more time with her, he'll be a very solid player with her. He's a really chill guy & asked me to sign his character book with the character I play which was cool!

My match with Lopedo didn't go as well. I couldn't really adapt to anything that he did in general. It was like he knew everything that I did before I did it. He ultimately beat me 2-0 to advance while I had to play in losers against Rocky.

My matches with Rocky were pretty intense. It was a Kasumi mirror match. He outsmarted me in ways when I would hesitate to attack. Both of the sets came down to either the 2nd round or the final round. After he took the 1st set, I switched to Ayane. The people watching before us were so into the match. I even heard them say "OH WOW NICE" through my headphones after I would do her advanced mid punch hold (64H+P) & then do 1 of her new juggle follow-ups from the patch (mad props to HajinShinobi for helping me develop her). I would still lose 2-0 with both matches coming down to the last rounds. I had like 3 people telling me that they liked the way that I played Ayane which was awesome, but at the some time, it was a humbling moment. He was a cool guy though. Talked for a while, while watching my homiess Awesmic & Immerwolf duke it out on stream. They done a hell of a job in my opinion.

Afters I chilled with Silent Legend. We played casuals & then I listened to him while he was telling me more things about the game. He also told me more about my characters that I play. Master & Ryujin & Blitzkreg also joined in on the conversation. They all convinced me to focus solely on Kasumi & keep Ayane as that "pocket" character. I am really grateful that they told me their thoughts piece-by-piece & why they'd rather see me use her instead. It helped me make my decision on who will be my consistent character:

Main: Kasumi 
Subs: Ayane (Main secondary), Kokoro (just announced but may stick with 1 sub)

After the wake up calls & the discussions, we went back inside to look at some more matches which turned out to be extra hype. The 1 I found the most interesting was AP vs Rabies. That was a hype match that everybody was into AND it wasn't even streamed! It was a great showing overall though.

When the 1st day of DOA was in the books, CyberEvil, AP, Sorwah, Shade Swifteye, Rikuto, Blackula, & I went to eat at Ruby Tuesdays. It was very good eating. I was also on cloud 9 when AP told me & Shade that he has an interest in using Ayane. I hope he does & if he does I can't wait to see what he does with her because it would be sick if all 3 of us played her AND Kasumi both. I believe he would be a beast with her.

The next day was the Top 8 of DOA5:

1.XCaliburBlades
2. Rikuto
3. Lopedo
4. Chosen1
5. Master
5. Emann
7.Sweet Revenge
7. Shade Swifteye

That was so hype! The whole entire community was into as well as a few other crowds! It was a great showing all around for DOA. After that, I ate 1 more time with the fighters before my trip back home. Congrates top 8! Congrates Calibur on the tourney win. Shout out to all of these guys that I met & chilled with all through the weekend! It was 1 hell of a time! I can't wait to do it again soon! You guys are alright with me! I almost forgot: Misson Accomplished! Now to level up my game!




No comments:

Post a Comment